Friday, November 20, 2009




Here are a couple of cards we made at the card class I had at a scrapbooking crop at Lesa's church last Friday. Thanks Lesa for having me! Many people have a hard time with bows on their cards. I'm hoping to have a video on this blog in the future...if I can figure out how to upload it :-)...on how to easily tie bows. But on this first card, I just wrapped a 6" piece of gold string around the designer paper layer and taped it down on the back. Then, I tied a bow with an 8" piece of gold string and attached it with a glue dot on the top of the tag. I cut the tag out with my Cuttlebug [love this tool!] but you could use any punch or good 'ole scissors to do it as well. The snowman was colored with Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils and a blender pen.

The 2nd card is an easy card to duplicate using minimal stamps. I used several different sizes of snowflakes stamped in 3 different colors of ink [I used Palette Ink's Prussian Blue, Stampin Up's Bashful Blue, and Brilliance Starlite Silver]. But, you could easily use only 1 snowflake stamp and get the same effect. Play around with different color schemes for a different look. I finished the card with Stickles glitter glue on the snowflakes to add shimmer although the picture doesn't really reflect it. I need Barry to take my pictures since he's the photographer of the family :-)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: