Friday, November 30, 2007

Color Inspiration

Some of you have asked how I choose what colors to use for my cards and projects. I find inspiration for color schemes everywhere...catalogs, magazines, clothing, advertisements. You can see what the current color trends are by looking at new ads in print and on TV. I was looking through the Target Holiday Catalog last night. The cover caught my eye. I loved the greens and reds used. You could easily make a card using the different shades of green. I don't think my picture shows the colors as well as I'd like. At first, chartreuse wouldn't be a first choice of a Christmas green. But, I really like how adding this color to the green and olive shades work great together. Play around with different colors and see what you come up with.



Here is a card we made at my Christmas in October class using similar shades of green.


Supplies used: Heart Sings set, Tag Tidbits set, watercolor pencils, circle punch and Coluzzle, Crystal stickles, pop dots, grey marker, Noir and Landscape Palette ink pads

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy et. al. Holiday colors tend to be so obvious that I like the unusual. When I drive around Berea, KY this time of year I am thrilled by all the beautiful decorations, however, everything seems to be white or the traditional Christmas Green and White. In many ways, as long as the colors are "cool" they can inspire... blues and gold, burgandy and silvers. Happy Holidays all. Jeannette

C said...

I'm starting to see a lot of pink this Christmas --almost baby girl pink. Lots of blues and purples now too.